Wednesday, September 27, 2006

When Feeling Stressed

I admit it, I get stressed about homeschooling. I worry if my kids are learning enough. Am I covering enough material. Are they at a level on par with other kids their age? Are they falling behind?

And actually sometimes I just get plain tired of coming up with interesting learning ideas. Maybe that's not something we homeschoolers admit very often, but it happens to me.

When I start feeling overwhelmed, stressed and just plain tired, I turn to our local library. Granted, we use our library for a lot of our curriculum anyway. But, when I start to get cranky and frustrated I just check out some textbooks and give myself a break. The kids work out of the textbooks for a week or so and I take a break from performing the homeschool supplement shuffle.

I really don't think they are losing anything and sometimes it gives us an idea of other areas we need to concentrate on.

So, when you're feeling flustered just pick up a couple of textbooks and take a break. The kids are still learning and you can take some time to recharge.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, i never thought of that, great idea! Maybe that's the key to using these workbook/textbooks I bought, that I loathe.
thanks,
Christy