Saturday, September 09, 2006

Measuring Homeschool Success

Homeschool success, those two words can have many different meanings for different people. How do you measure that success? Is it when your children are healthy, happy, well adjusted and learning? Or do your measure your homeschooling success by the academic level your children have acheived? I guess it depends on what your goals are. Of course I want my children to acheive academic success but, their morals and character are much more important to me.

Do they have to master calculus to be moral upstanding citizens? Must they solve quadratic equations with ease to be a good husband and/or father? If my boys grow to be respectful, law-abiding, God-fearing, moral men, I will classify our homeschool journey as a great success.(Even if they don't master calculus!)

Technorati Profile

No comments: